Monday, February 7, 2011

Emergency Food Supplies

Vending machines failing me today, at work, at the I-5 rest area. Darkened and not able to accept my money freely given. Sigh, how to stay awake on the way home - oh yes! My emergency food supplies!

Tucked into the glove box of my car, at the bottom, chocolate graham crackers. OK so they've been in there for lets see, my car is almost paid off... So nearly 6 years. Hmm, subject to the extremes of heat (baking in the summer sun all day), of cold (freezing in the dark every winter night), of rain (mist, pseudo mist, hard rain, drizzly rain, horizontal rain, rain-soaked-clouds-which-are-so-humid-your-hair-frizzes). OK so I'm no eskimo, I don't know 200 words for "snow". But I am working on my Oregon rain vocabulary.

Well the grahams were chocolate-stuck together. How desparate was I? I hate to say that if it were me or the grahams, then they won. But I didn't throw them out, nope - put the rest back in the glove box. Some day it may *really* be time for emergency graham crackers. Not today though.

What other things lurk, hidden away, years at a time. But are still there when you need them.. I thought once I could revive my Jersey girl. Someone at work, I felt, deserved me to be in their face (Jersey girl style). On thinking about it and the advice of friends, I realized this was not my way of operating. I think I may have even met them halfway. But tangle with me the wrong way, and my emergency supplies of in-your-face are still under there.

Hey, today Huffington Post was bought by AOL-Time-Warner for $315 million. Now I guess they can be called AOL-Time-Warner-Huffington-Post. Someone on the news called their site a glorified blog. So the offer is out there, all you readers! If you want to buy me out for $315 million, make me an offer I can't refuse!

No comments:

Post a Comment