Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Little Bit of Sanity


I was outraged when I heard our U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder give a speech at Northwestern and claim that killing an American citizen outright, on foreign soil, who is deemed an enemy combatant, is ok.

Then when I didn't hear any outrage over this, I thought, it is possible I am the only one outraged over this? This is absolutely crazy. Are we a democracy? How can a country who prides itself on the rule of law, and considers itself a representative democracy, condone and even justify such actions?

Much less at my alma mater, Northwestern. Arg.. Well today's Sunday New York Times editorial says it in more legal terms than I would have used. Killing an American citizen without judicial review, no way, not ok. Thank you.

Now lets see, we have a Democratic president. Who would like to kill us. Lets see, I do like Canada, maybe I should learn their national anthem.

No comments:

Post a Comment