Thursday, April 5, 2012

Sustainable Minions


There is no rest for the weary..
At home sick for a few days, so subject to the calls of those recruiting "volunteers". Like the caller from my town yesterday, looking for volunteers for the Organizing for American campaign, aka President Obama's re-election.

Well he didn't know that I was home and could still speak (till my voice wore out later) so I hammered him as best as I was able. What was really telling was asking him "So, is the federal budget sustainable?"

His response "It is very sustainable". He started to go on about % of GDP as compared with other countries, blah blah.

Well, if that is the view of a rather intelligent Obama supporter, then all hope is lost. If mortgaging our kids future to Chinese borrowers isn't a national security issue, isn't generational theft, if this is all seen as perfectly fine and sustainable..

Then we are truly sunk. But I do not believe that. Our President speaks the party line. Hell, he creates the party line. The minions just echo it, and he echos them, and its all a big echo chamber.

sustainable - able to be sustained. Hopefully better tomorrow than today.

No comments:

Post a Comment