Wednesday, June 29, 2011

What does she know that I don't know?

The woman who approves our federal grant is going to China.  Very cool!

I remember talking to her before the possible government shutdown, back when Congress and our Pres were having some trouble approving a budget.  And instructions were issued from federal agencies about an orderly shutdown.  She told me about the time back in the mid-90s where they actually did shut down, which was followed by a snowstorm.  Feeling badly for taking pay when actually she didn't work for close to a month.

I tease my colleague about taking Chinese names.  That is the first step.  Like back in high school French class, where we took on French names.  Only this time names are a first step.  Given the Chinese government holds 25% or more of each dollar our federal government spends.

Well names are the first.  I suspect she is going to China to scope out possible employment opportunities.  Wouldn't you?  I mean, running a large state owned enterprise, she knows how to do that.  Will have to ask her what her Chinese name is when she comes back.  I told her to come back.  I mean, maybe she'll come back.  Would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment