Friday, July 23, 2010

It makes sense to me to fly to Newark

No matter where you are going it makes sense to fly through Newark. I
remember the old days before Continental, when there was People's
Express. My aunt would brag, "it's like a bus, you pay on the plane".

Guess they went out of business. But it was like an old fashioned bus
station, give me your huddled masses and all that. People would camp
out and nap, huddled in the gate, they were never on time.

Today it's more modern. Kids in retro tye-dye tshirts. Smart phones.
I've never flown red-eye before so this is sort of a test. If it
doesn't destroy me for the next few days, which is the extent of my
short vacation, then it can be an economical way to travel.

Tonight I signed something as Harriet, ok it was a guest book at the
new restaurant at PDX, Beaches, which has really great fish tacos.

No comments:

Post a Comment