Saturday, January 29, 2011

Reasons Why..

..I hate the suburbs: Reason #76, Instant bacon

Apparently "food" in the suburbs has to be microwavable. Maybe chemists have now been able to capitalize on everyone having a microwave to create bacon that is ready in 10 seconds.

The Old Ways of slicing it in half to cook it up offered you choice: soggy, crisp, or burnt, depending on the destination... Soggy - good on baked beans. Crisp - nice with pancakes. Burnt - the best part of a BLT (bacon-lettuce-tomato sandwich).

Although I have to say the Starbucks whipped cream at the bottom of my espresso tastes like burnt marshmallows, yum.

And checking out the new cameras at Target, they even have some that claim to be "skin softening". Well, how about that. Throw away the noxema! Now I can rub a camera on my face - who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment