Sunday, September 5, 2010

Vacation log Day 3: en route to Mt Shasta

You know how when you have a taste of something but then it gets
ripped out of your hands and you aren't quite quenched yet- you
remember the taste and keep wanting more it stays with you even 20
years later.

California. The first time I heard the word "Mt Shasta" it was for a
conference room at Sun. Back in my high tech mothership days; they
named several - Shasta, Lassen. Oh!

Here we are. I have a snapshot of me with baby Emily somewhere along
I-5 when we were moving to lovely Oregon. (ripped from California ,
that I never really got to explore xc for Cuesta Park in Mountain
View). I still remember the curve of the trees there.

Mt Shasta up close and personal. Communing with. Yes I love the
smell of the woods in California. The fact that a restaurant in a
small town will have vegan fare and the best iced tea I've ever had in
my life. The waitress called it "Tropical Paradise".

See I always knew California was paradise. It was. It still is. And
it will never fall into the sea, cause it will remain paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment