Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wave Theory

Remember when the most important thing in life was to find a pair of good fitting jeans? Only I'm not 18. Gone are cuffed hems. Painters pants from the Army Navy store. Bell bottoms. But stuck with me, straight leg jeans.

The shadows of my kids, my shopping buddies, when they're in town. On my own devices now, they would like the tight fitting calf sort of jeans.

hmm. Well I'm not 18 like they are (sort of). I'm from a different wave.

And I refuse to pay more for Levis-trying-to-accommodate-fat-middle-aged-bodies.

Gloria has it right. The new me. If you can buy jeans in 20 minutes (or less) then there's something right about them.

Its not only about how they fit. That person looking back at you in the mirror is just standing there. This is not what people do. People run. People think. People dream. People jump. People go for it.

The California sun is out tonight. The right jeans give you the right attitude. Maybe I am 18 again.

No comments:

Post a Comment