Thursday, September 9, 2010

Vacation log Day 6: more along the coastal hwy

I learned something today. The crazy aggressive ground squirrels,
cute as they are, do not go away if you start yelling at them. No in
fact they just bring their friends along and move still closer.
Thinking I could get them off my back and remembering we had some
donut holes left in a box in the car, I thought this would satisfy the
first one.

In fact he gladly took the crumbs of donut hole I threw down for him!
But nary a moment went by when the seagulls realized it was feeding
time. Half a dozen birds started closing in. I thought I was over
the incident where a crow attacked me when I was a kid...

I was thinking I might take the entire box of (powdered) donut holes
and put them out for a feeding frenzy sacrifice. But, my husband had
taken a liking to them so might not get that I was doing this to save
my life. What about the quality of my life he might ask me. Just
where do you think we can buy these fine donut holes in the middle of
the coastal highway??

So I got in the car and shut the door. Lets go to a different view
point where the squirrels don't know me please.

No comments:

Post a Comment